Friday, August 16, 2013

20 Weeks Post Partum Body Update

So 11 weeks ago I took some body measurements as a way to keep track of my progress. I have yet to go to an actual gym for a workout because I don't have anyone to watch Cali and I'm not comfortable leaving her in the gym nursery in a city where I don't know anyone. 

My workouts have consisted of pushups, pullups, plank variations, lunges, hip thrusts, one legged squats, and an assortment of other body weight exercises. I do these for about 30 minutes 5-6 days a week. Because of my eating restrictions for breastfeeding, I don't have much room to cheat on my diet so that's been pretty on point. The only diet rule I'm *trying* to follow is complex carbs only for breakfast and then the rest of my carbs come from lentils and fruit. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. That's my genius plan.

On June 1 these were my measurements in inches:

Thighs - 21 3/4 
Waist - 29
Hips - 36
Arms - 11

*Whew*

I can't believe I'm about to put this on the internet but I'm forcing myself to do it.

Moving right along...

I don't weight myself because A) I don't really care what I weigh as long as I like the way I look and feel and B) I don't own a scale.

Let me take a second to say that I love lifting. I enjoy the way it makes me feel and I also like to challenge myself, so I can't wait to get back into an actual gym this off season when T can watch Cali for me. I also don't necessarily have a goal size that I'd like to be...I just want to firm up, get my 6 pack back (I'll take 4, even), and look like Jamie Eason.

That's not too much right?

So as of today, 11 weeks later, here are my measurements:

Thighs - 21
Waist - 27 3/4
Hips - 36
Arms - 10 3/4

So I've lost a little in everything but hips.
AKA: Butt.
It's stubborn.

I really don't think I'll see any improvement in my buttox until I can start working out with heavy weight again. To be honest, I'm not really concerned with losing in that area, I just want it lifted.

Who doesn't?

So there it is. I'm a little frustrated with how slow this process is but I believe in the power of weightlifting and know I'll see quick improvements as soon as I start back.
I'll continue to post progress measurements and maybe one day (maybe not) pictures.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment